Setting up a Konductor site
The process for setting up a Konductor site is a little different
For a tutorial on defining a Dreamweaver site, see http://www.adobe.com/go/lrvid4050_dw.
For additional information on Dreamweaver sites, see http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Dreamweaver/10.0_Using/WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7f62a.html.
Defining a Site
To define a site within Dreamweaver that is configured for Konductor, please do the following:
- Go to the Site menu, and select the New Konductor Site... menu item
- Enter your credentials in the appropriate fields (The designer username and password will be the same as your standard username and password if you are on the pre-release program)
- Click on the OK button
- You will now be prompted to select a folder that will contain the files for your site. This can be the same folder that is used by an existing Dreamweaver site. However, any changes made o your template will effect the existing site.
Once this has been done, you can get to work on designing your template. If you are starting from scratch, you can create a new template by going to the File menu, selecting the New... menu item, clicking on the Blank Page tab, and selecting HTML Template from the list.
Uploading a Site
To upload a site to the Konductor server, please do the following:
- If the Files floating panel is not visible, go to the Window menu, and select the Files menu item
- Ensure that the site that you initially defined has been selected in the pull down box
- Click on the Synchronize button. (It looks like two arrows pointing at each other) Alternatively, you can also go to the Site menu, and select the Synchronize Sitewide... menu item.
- Select Entire 'Sitename' Site from the Synchronize pull down box, and click the Preview... button
- Ensure that all files associated with your template appear in the synchronize dialog box, then click the OK button
You should now be able to open up the Konductor AIR applicaion, and start adding pages based on the new template.