Removing an existing template from the server
To remove a template from the Dreamweaver server, and in turn from the Konductor AIR application, please do the following:
- Ensure that there are no pages within the Konductor AIR application that use this template
- If the Files floating panel is not visible, go to the Window menu, and select the Files menu item
- Ensure that the site that you initially defined has been selected in the pull down box
- Click on the Synchronize button. (It looks like two arrows pointing at each other) Alternatively, you can also go to the Site menu, and select the Synchronize Sitewide... menu item.
- Select Entire 'Sitename' Site from the Synchronize pull down box
- Select Get newer files from remote from the Direction pull down box
- Click the Preview... button
- If you receive a prompt information you that no synchronization is necessary, click Yes to manually manage the sychronization
- Ensure that the Show all files checkbox is checked
All the files associated with all the templates that are on the server will be now be displayed, ready for you to mark them for different actions. However, please keep to following things in mind:
- If a file is marked Delete, it will delete the file from the defined site on your local computer, if it still exists there. If you want to keep this file, ensure you back it up to another location.
- If a file is marked Get, it will overwrite the file in the defined site on your local computer, if it still exists there. If you want to keep this file, ensure you back it up to another location.
- The template may appear to be deleted successfully. However, if there are any pages using this template, the template will remain on the system.